So there goes that plan. I had fully intended on being able to do pushups when I got to my hotel room last night. Instead I zonked out. Zzzzz….
Yesterday instead of leaving for our 4 hour drive at 3pm we didn’t get on the road until 4:30pm. Off I went with my supervisor at the wheel.
We stopped at 7pm because we were both starving. Besides that we also hit dead stopped traffic. YIKES! So we thought it was a good time to stop and let the accident clear out while we fed our rumbling bellies.
For dinner I had a burger with tomato and mustard wrapped in a lettuce leaf with a side caesar salad. It was delicious (I think). I could have been too hungry to say for sure.
Back on the road…
Destination reached at 9:45pm. After almost a full day of work and all of those hours on the road I was exhausted. My belly was grumbling a bit. It had been awhile since my last meal. Luckily I still had some protein balls! Two of these bad boys equals one serving. I had two at around 5pm and my last two when I got to the room. Now I’m all out…and a little unhappy. Still have some protein powder and bars left.
Let me tell you how to make protein balls. They can be such a life saver in a pinch. They also make a delicious protein treat.
NO BAKE PROTEIN BALLS
- 6 scoops whey protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup cranberries or nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons real cocoa powder (optional) – this is best if you use vanilla whey and want to add a chocolate flavor or if you just want to intensify your chocolate flavor
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- almond milk – as needed
- Mix dry ingredients – protein powder, rolled oats, and nuts or cranberries
- Add honey to your ingredients.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds to make more fluid.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix.
- You may need to add a little almond milk to make the batter a little more sticky. Only do this if it’s too dry.
- Form 12 bite size balls.
- Place in fridge overnight.
Let me know what you think!
As for me I’m back to the manufacturing floor after my first break of the day. Rough going today:
- Meal 1 – hotel breakfast – oatmeal mixed with my protein powder. Unfortunately the hotel didn’t have hard boiled eggs.
- Meal 2 – after too long – isagenix protein bar
- Meal 3 – chicken wrap in the cafeteria. This definitely and instance where it sounds better than it actually was.