It was a sad food prep this week. Instead of actually prepping I played with puppies. It was totally worth it.
I did manage to gather some semblance of meals Monday AM. You can’t go wrong with spring mix and packaged tuna. I highly recommend you keep some packaged tuna on hand. The tupperware contains spring mix salad topped with edamame and tuna; side of sweet potato and kiwi. A yogurt for meal 4. The bar is for meal 5 with a side of cukes. Salty and sweet!
Since I slacked on my prep Sunday I’ll have to prepare food during the week. Trying to play catch-up!
Last night I made coconut chicken tenders, protein balls, and sweet potato after a late leg workout. Worked all day, home to get ready for the gym, leg workout, back home. I didn’t get home until 8:30pm. NO EXCUSES not to eat right and exercise.
The chicken tenders is enough for 3 meals with one of those meals being last night’s dinner.
Don’t they look delicious? They’re super easy to make especially since I use the lazy way – I SHAKE IT & BAKE IT.
- Chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Oat Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with olive oil. (Aluminum foil makes for easy clean up. Love that stuff!)
- Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients in a gallon ziploc bag – oat flour, coconut flakes, cumin, cayenne pepper, and a little salt.
- Wash and pat dry chicken tenders.
- Dip chicken tenders in egg and throw in ziploc bag.
- When all the chicken tenders are in the ziploc shake! SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!
- Line on cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 16 minutes and that’s it! You can turn over at the halfway point but I didn’t even bother and they came out great!