So much you’ve missed while I’ve been MIA! My fault…not yours. Let’s catch you up with the main events.
I’m a bad blogger
Ok, maybe you caught that.
I do have pictures…but again…let me reiterate in case you missed #1…since I’m a bad blogger I don’t have time to post them just yet.
Detox pause (obviously)
- Goat cheese on salad
- Goat cheese in tartlets
- Some more beer! …I’m exaggerating….a little
- Excluding dairy from diet. No milk, yogurt, or cottage cheese.
- Added red meat back in but in very limited quantities.
- At least one green juice/day
- Feeling AWESOME!
- Skin – still the occasional breakout. Could be stress.
- ¼ mile swim – swam at 5:30am. For all those wondering…THIS is how good I look that early in the AM. Anyways, back to swimming. I’m not very good…if you couldn’t tell by my “drowning” comment. I don’t sink but I’m not what you would call an efficient swimmer.
- 8K trail ride – my new helmet finally came in! So cute!!! Isn’t that what’s important? I thought so.
- 5K run – I tried running this week. No good. My knee hurt So. Freakin. Bad. Maybe I need new sneakers!
Ok ok, it probably has to do with my excessively long running gait. But I still NEEDED the sneaks. Back to the knee – as soon as I got home my hip flexor started screaming. Yes, it was screaming at me. Cue roller AND stick to the IT band. Feels a bit better now but I’m going to take another week off from running and focus on the bike/swim portion. I figure as long as I get my cardio up I should be ok for the run. No? It’s just 3 miles. How hard can it be? Never mind that I tried jogging for 15 minutes and FAILED. It’ll be fine. At least I LOOK like a runner. I knew I’d need my running gear again…from my half marathon days…when I thought I liked running.
- Yea, I’m an idiot. Tough Mudder Boston on June 1st. Um…WHAT?!?!? Any other dummies out there? I can’t be the only one. How did I get peer pressured into doing this? Especially since I hate to run. Anywho, it’s going to be great! Did I mention by bum knee/hip flexor?
Work, work, work
- Chemist – busy, busy, busy. Lots of new projects. Just trying to get out of here on time for my evening clients. Not stressful at all.
- Personal training – also busy but I love it soooo much! I become a completely different person when I get in there. I feel better mentally. I really enjoy it.
Sleep Lack of Sleep
- Nope, you didn’t miss sleep. No sleeping going on here. Let’s take two night’s ago for example (the most extreme case): Chemist work until 4pm, 1st client @ 5:30pm, Small Group class @ 6:30pm, Small group demos @ 7:30pm – 9:30pm. Wake up at 5:15am for a swim. Zzzzz….. sorry fell asleep for a second.
Getting my learn on
- Working on my Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) certification through NASM
- Reading Anatomy Trains – challenged by a friend of mine who’s already been through it. Must have Chapter 1 read and ready to be quizzed on by Sunday. Only 61 pages of “not so fun” reading. Zzzzz….there I go again.
- “Peace is Every Step” – getting my meditation on. Ok, not really. I barely have time to read about it. The goal is to EVENTUALLY get into meditating. But I love this book. It’s an easy read and it really puts everything in perspective. Just a few pages and I already feel calmer. Highly recommend!
For those of you following on Instagram…yes, even though this is an easy read I have been reading it for awhile. As you can imagine, reading only 1 -2 pages/night does not make for quick progress.